2018 - Cinderella
Saturday 15th December - 2.00pm & 6.00pm
Sunday 16th December - 11.00am & 3.00pm
* See: Rehearsals, crew meets and key date information (GDoc)
* See: Plot precis (coming soon)
* See: Character list (GDoc)
* See: Crew roles (GDoc)
12 yrs+ Auditions and Crew Meets
Thursday, 6th September 7.30 to 9.30 PM
Sunday, 9th September 3 to 5 PM
at: Crowborough Community Centre
Actors: auditions for Adults (age 16yrs+) and any Senior Youth Cast (12-15yrs) who want an 'adult rehearsal part'*.
Initial chat at 7.30, followed by group or individual auditions. You can leave after your audition.
These roles include evening rehearsals until 9.30PM.
There's no need to prepare an audition piece - just come along!
Crew Meet: anyone interested in crewing - please come along at any time.
* A parent or guardian must attend the first 10 minutes of the audition to be briefed on rehearsal commitments and sign a permission form. No signed permission form, no role.
NOTE: Everyone is welcome to come along, old friends and new. Our writers and directors get everyone into the panto!
Under 12 yrs Panto Workshop
(+ under 16s who want Sunday-afternoon-only panto rehearsals)
Sunday, 16th September 3 to 5PM
at: Crowborough Community Centre
No auditions - we workshop scenes and roles and discuss individually what role every junior actor wants to do. These roles do not have evening rehearsals.
Note: Parent or guardians, please come to the parent information session at 3PM for 15 minutes. There will be permission forms to complete there.
This annual event, held in December and established in 2012, involves a cast and crew of over 120 and attracts audiences of over 900 people in its 3-day run. Every year, the tickets sell out earlier and earlier.
Weekly rehearsals are held on Thursday evenings, 7.30-9.30pm (Adult cast only) and Sunday afternoons, 3-6.30pm (Youth cast and Adult cast). All rehearsals are at Crowborough Community Centre. A 'call sheet' will be created which sets out when each scene will be rehearsed, and which actors are needed for each rehearsal.
Guide to cast key dates
(in addition to weekly rehearsals)
* Run-through (3 Sundays before production 1.00 - 7.00pm - under 12yrs youth cast called for 3 hours maximum)
* Tech rehearsal (2 Sundays before production 1.00 - 8.00pm - under 12yrs youth cast called for 3 hours maximum)
* Dress rehearsal 1 (1 Sunday before production 1.00 - 7.00pm - under 12yrs youth cast called for 3 hours maximum)
* Line Run (Thursday before production 7.30 - 9.30pm - under 12 yrs cast not called)
* Dress rehearsal 2 (Friday before production 7PM - 9PM (ish) - under 12 yrs cast optional)
* Productions (Sat - afternoon & eve, Sun - late morning & afternoon - times tbc )
Want to get involved as a member of the crew? Everyone is welcome, new friends and old. If you’re interested in joining the team that puts on Crowborough’s biggest annual show, get in touch. Find the ‘essential reading’ document here , and an online survey to let us know you’re interested here. If you have any questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
It looks like a lot of fun on stage, and it is, but that's the culmination of months and months of work - work which is also fun! You can't be part of a show this large without a lot of commitment.
Depending in their role, crew work around the rehearsals but need to be present:
Directors, DSM, Sound Op:
These crucial roles are the present at every single rehearsal, first in and last out.
They are also present at Dry Tech and Lighting (LX rig).
2017 - Casting
The cast list for 2017's Jack and the Beanstalk:
Download the cast list here:
Important information for Jack and the Beanstalk 2017 - shared at auditions:
2017 - Important documents
Rehearsal documents - Rehearsals are underway!